August 7, 2015

Coffee Craves

This is my every-day coffee with a little twist... ;) a twist that will make you crave your coffee every morning.

If you don't already.

I thought I'd already posted a recipe of my every-day coffee, but maybe not. I can't find it anywhere, so maybe I did but then I took it down?

Whatever.

Ingredients
  • 1 spnful Trader Joe's inst. coffee
  • 7 oz. (or so) water
  • 7 oz. mug (bigger is fine, smaller is not)
  • 1-5 dashes cream
  • 2 spnfuls brown sugar
  • dribble of Bailey's (that's the twist!)
Directions
  1. Heat the water until it  whistles or until it comes to a rolling boil*
  2. Pour water into mug
  3. Put two spnfuls brown sugar in coffee
  4. Pour in cream until light brown
  5. Drizzle a tiny drip of Bailey's in. Any stronger and it'll be overpowering. You just want a hint of Bailey's
Bailey's makes coffee taste wayy better, trust me. But make sure that doesn't mean you put more Bailey's in because you think I don't know what I'm talking about when I say the Bailey's will overpower your coffee if you put too much in. No, honestly, it does becoming overpowering after a few drizzles (notice I didn't say drops because really I don't think drops make any difference whatsoever in your coffee). Ask me how I know.
So, make the coffee, sit down with a very good book (it has to be very good to match the coffee. Can I suggest "Mara, Daughter of the Nile" by Eloise Jarvis McGraw to you? It's so excellentI've read it five times, I think?).
Anyway, read Mara while drinking coffee and
Scriptina Regular
*I have no clue what a "rolling boil" is, it just sounds better than just plain "boil". ;) (Don't tell anyone I said that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind