December 8, 2015

Christmas Queso

I'm not really a fan of queso, and this didn't turn out great but it was because of the cheese we were using and I still found it really good. It's an American thing, though. "Queso" is Spanish for "cheese", not for the cheesy dip that I tried yesterday for a dinner I was hosting...

so try it. See how you like it.

If you've never heard of this, comment below. I'm curious to see how many haven't tried it.

I myself have only had it once. Last night.

Serves 10 or more.

Ingredients
  • 12 oz. cheese (I used pre-grated, but it turns out rubbery because of the starch. Either grate by hand, or use a hunk of cheese, roughly 12 oz., to produce the best results)
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes (with jalapenos)
  • 1 tomato, chopped
Directions
  1. put cheese into med.-size saucepan over medium heat.
  2. open can, chop tomato, if not chopped. Once chopped, set aside.
  3. once cheese has melted, put in chopped tomatoes, stir until well-mixed.
  4. pour in can of tomatoes, minus the can.
  5. stir until well-mixed,
  6. serve immediately with tortilla chips and
Scriptina Regular
 and happy holidays!

P.S. Yes, I did put this under "toppings" because some of the girls at the dinner put it on their tacos. Doesn't sound very good to me, but as long as they liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind