January 20, 2015

New! Yearly Recipe Tasting/Testing

Big news for everyone this week (and the weeks to come), guys! I'm going to test all of my recipes (one by one) on SWT and give it a rating from either 1-5 or 1-10. This will be my yearly test. (YRT = Yearly Recipe Testing...or Yearly Recipe Tasting) Then, I'm going to go through my blog and add my ratings to the posts. But as I go along. So, for example, I test the muffins. Then, after I test it, I add the rating to the recipe post. I also might post about the recipe and what was good and what was bad. Pros and cons. Then I move on to the next recipe and do what I did for the muffins. If you guys don't think this is a good idea or you don't want me to do this, that's fine. It just means less work for me.

Really looking forward to the YRT!

Questions you may ask: 
Notice: these might not be questions you ask. If so, please email or comment below and ask me. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible, if possible. Thank you!

  • What's the deadline on the YRT?
    The deadline is Jan 31st, though I will be prolonging the deadline this year because I got the idea in, like, the middle of January and I have so many recipes that I'll need more time to rate them.
  • When will you rate them? How do you know what to rate?
    I'll rate all the recipes from the last year the following year. So say you have ten posts posted in 2014. So you rate them Jan. 2015. You rate all the recipes posted in 2014. None of the 2015 ones.
  • When do you stop rating the recipes?
    As soon as I'm through with all the recipes that need rating. (Don't understand which ones I decide to rate? Look at the question above.)
  • What month do you rate them?
    I'm planning on rating them in January.
  • What if we want to follow your progress as you do this year's YRT?
    I'll try to post often enough, telling you which recipe I'm tasting and rating and hopefully I'll have a link so that you can see the post, and maybe you'll be able to rate and taste with me! 
  • What if we want to tell you our ratings and how much we liked the recipe?
    That's easy! If you want to, either comment and add your rating, or (and this is recommended) send me an email about how much you like or dislike the recipe and what your rating is.  
  • What about the posts following the YRT?
    The posts following the YRT will not be rated until the next YRT. If you don't get this, read the question "When do you rate them?" and if you still don't understand, read below.
I still don't understand!
OK, that's fine. Say, for example, I have ten posts. The following January, I do the YRT and rate all ten posts. Then, once I've rated all the posts I have, I'm done with that year's YRT. Then, after the YRT, I post some more recipes. I don't rate these because I've already done that year's YRT.

If you STILL don't understand, just contact me and ask all your questions. I'll try to answer them as much as I can. If you don't want to email, comment below and ask. Either way, I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!

P.S. This exact post (or, the exact words) are also found on the page "About theYearly Recipe Testing/Tasting" which is by the top of this blog, where the recipes and "About Me" are located. Why? Because then, after this post has disappeared into the many other posts in my blog, all you have to do is go to the top of the page and click on it to know more about. Also, that way, visitors who don't know that there's a post on it will be able to read about it as well...without having to search and see if there's a post about it. It's just for your convenience, though, so if you don't want it up for some reason, just contact me (go to the "Contact Me" page to find my email address) and tell me all your problems about it. I'll try to meet those problems and make the YRT/it's page better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind