June 12, 2015

Microwave Mug Cake

This is more like a brownie in a mug, but whatever you want to call it, here it is.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 c flour
  • 3 T sugar, white (I put in 3 1/2 T because I find it just doesn't hit the sweet spot but you do wat you want)
  • 2 T cocoa powder (I use unsweetened, Kirkland baking cocoa)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 T milk
  • 3 T oil  (I use olive oil, but it might be better to use vegetable oil, but who knows?)
  • a dash of vanilla extract (I put in about 10 drops? Most likely more)
  • a pinch of salt (I put in two small pinches but one generous pinch does the job well)
You don't need to add these ingredients in this order, you just need to end up with all of these ingredients mixed up.

Directions
  1. Mix until combined
  2. Microwave on high for abt 2 min
  3. Serve, and
Scriptina Regular
Notes:
When I had mixed all the ingredients, it came out as a soupy mixture.
I cooked mine for 1:30min, checked on it when 30 seconds were left and it was up against the sides but it was doughy in the middle. It looked kind of like a pool with sides. so I put it back in for 30s, and when I took it out of the microwave it closely resembled flan, with it kind of like an upside-down dome. But at least it was cooked on the top. On the top, at least. In the bottom it was a bit doughy but it didn't taste doughy when I put it in my mouth, so that's good!
Also it wasn't sweet. It was sweet-ish, but it really wasn't that much fun to eat.
So, updated:

You'll Need
  • all of the ingredients and
  • 4-5 T sugar, white (or sweetened to taste...MAKE SURE THE DOUGH IS SWEET. If it's not, keep adding 1/2 T sugar until it is DO NOT MICROWAVE UNTIL DOUGH IS ACTUALLY YUMMY TO EAT) 
Directions
  1. Mix until combined
  2. Microwave 1:30min EXACTLY
  3. Should look like a "flan brownie", looking like an upside-down dome. If it doesn't look like that, that's good, too.
  4. Serve and
Hopefully you'll enjoy. If you don't, can't say I don't believe it.

I don't really like it that much, either.

But maybe I'll like the second recipe better. Maybe?

P.S. to make this a nutella cake/brownie, take out the salt and vanilla and switch it with 3 T nutella or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind