October 14, 2015

Lipton Latte

Today I made tea.

Which isn't unusual, I make tea all the time.

But I wanted a different sort of tea and I found one!

I don't remember what I looked up on Google but I had told someone that I would make them tea that was different and had a "secret ingredient". It was vanilla. That was what I was planning on. What I wasn't planning on was making something like this!

Though let me just tell you right now so you won't be disappointed later on: this is like every normal tea except it has a different taste. But just barely. It's good though, try it, see how you like it.

Anyway, click here for the original. I made the "tea latte" but I'm calling it "Lipton Latte" because that sounds better. And I'm thinking of making the "milk tea the british way" because I'm curious to see how that turns out!

Here's the original recipe:

1. Add the teabag of your choice to a cup.
2. Boil water, then pour over the teabag.
3. Let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes to get the strongest flavor possible.
4. While your tea is brewing, heat a half cup of milk either by microwaving for 45 seconds (settings vary between machines) or by heating in a pan until it’s steaming.
5. Transfer the hot milk to a jug, and use a milk frother to get that extra-fluffy, foam effect. The desired amount should be about ½ inch thick on top of the milk.
6. Remove the infuser or teabag from your cup and pour in the milk.
7. Add an optional dash of honey or sugar for extra sweetness.

Here's my recipe:

Serves: 1-4
Time: 3-5 min

Ingredients
  •  2 teabags (I use Lipton black tea)
  • 4 spoons sugar, white
  • 4-6 drops vanilla (extract, I believe...Kirkland brand)
  • 1 pint water, hot (I use a little more...more like 3-4 cups)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 dashes milk (dashes as in I poured a little bit in, two times)
Directions
  1. pour hot water over tea bags, steep 3-5 min (I steeped it 3 min, because I didn't have the recipe, but someone had already thrown the tea bag away when I came back to add 2 minutes to it...too bad)
  2. heat milk for 1 min in microwave, froth with milk frother, whisk, or hand mixer. Milk froth should be about 1/2 inch high. 
  3. pour hot milk into tea, leaving behind froth (I didn't mean to...but I was using the thing for gravy, as seen two posts ago -- the-directions-the-way-I-did-them #6) for later.
  4. put cream, sugar, and vanilla in tea. The tea should be a light tan now. If not, stir the milk in so that it is. Stir until cream and vanilla is distributed, and the sugar is dissolved.
  5. spoon froth on top, sprinkling either white sugar or brown sugar on top for decoration, serve immediately and
Scriptina Regular

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind