October 7, 2015

Easy Pop-Off Mocha

Easy because you only need a few minutes, and you're sure to have the ingredients, pop-off because I always imagine the words "pop-off" when I think of going to sleep or just relaxing.

Don't look it up on Google.

...and mocha because Google's definition of the word "mocha" is "/ˈmōkə/ noun noun: mocha 1. a fine-quality coffee. 2. a soft kind of leather made from sheepskin." and since I know that this isn't a soft kind of leather made from sheepskin, I can pretty well call this coffee "mocha". Well it is a fine-quality coffee (if your coffee is fine-quality).

Ingredients
  • 7 oz. coffee (dbl strength is great, inst. is fine, fine-quality is just right)
  • 1/2 tsp unsweetened baking cocoa
  • 1/8 (or 3-4 drops) vanilla extract
  • 2-3 Tbsp fast caramel sauce (see "Add-Ons" page for fast caramel sauce recipe)
  • 1/2-1 c milk
Also, a better (newer, updated) version will be arriving relatively soon only this time it will be called a relatively better name, "Caramel Mocha". Sounds more like something you would get at Starbucks than something that you would get from, say, a blog.

This blog.

Too bad. I like having my recipes ("my") sounding like they just stepped out of a 5-star restaurant. Like that's going to happen.

Another thing, this coffee isn't sweet at all, so the following is for your convenience.

for a creamier version:
  • 1-2 Tbsp cream or
  • 1/2-1 c whipped cream stirred in until dissolved
for a sweeter version:
  • 3-5 Tbsp fast caramel sauce
  • 1-3 Tbsp brown sugar dispensed directly into coffee or
  • sweetened to taste (though not too sweet--this recipe isn't supposed to be very sweet)
for a creamier and sweeter version:
  • 1-3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
  • add 1 Tbsp cream if it's still too milky
  • sidenote: add 1 tsp inst. coffee if it's too milky, creamy, sweet, or all three
Directions:
  • Add all ingredients, make sure it's dissolved.
  • Make whipped cream (homemade is always the way to go unless you're pressed for time and then just don't make it at all--wait until you have the time to make whipped cream. You'll thank me one day).
  • Put whipped cream on top of mocha.
  • For fancier style, add chocolate or cocoa shavings or (and this is more preferable) drizzle caramel sauce on top
  • Serve immediately (or whipped cream will start to melt) and
Scriptina Regular
P.S. the not-sweet part has been tasted and thoroughly enjoyed by someone other than me (I didn't exactly enjoy it because I have been either blessed or cursed--depending on who you ask--with a sweet tooth) but I'm sure the sweet part will be just as good. Maybe. Because I haven't tried it I can't say for sure. But I will be able to say for sure during 2016's YRT. So yay. Also, if you've tried the sweeter version, comment below and tell me which sweet version you tried and if you liked it or not. And if you found this post confusing (I know I did), comment below. Tell me. ~grey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind