February 3, 2016

Came For a Purpose, Left For a Reason

So I've been doing some thinking.

Yes, I know, very unusual, but I have been.

I might even make it a habit, but I'll have to think about that.

Anyway, I was thinking about this blog. Which isn't unusual, I think about this blog a lot, but I was thinking about the tabs and how much I really dislike those ugly tabs (if you don't know why I dislike the tabs so much, I don't mind but I'm not going to take time to explain it -- I don't even know if I could explain it, I just don't like how they look on my blog) and how I can't get the grey border line to go away because it's just part of the template I use... so I was thinking about that and I was also thinking about how I used to think about (I know... a lot of thinking going on... I'll try to minimize my use of the word "think" here as much as possible) changing the name from Salt Water Taffy to something else.

So, I was thinking of different names I could use and I hit upon a pretty good one, I think. That's my opinion. I'm not going to mention it here, but it has to do with baking, I can tell you that. But that's all. That's just a sneak peak of the name coming soon.

But when I was thinking of that, I was also thinking about how when you change a template on Blogger it wipes away all of your progress/look on the blog (not the posts, just the looks--like the headers, the background, the titles, the fonts, etc.) and how I hated that because that meant I couldn't just get a template that had better-looking tabs and not that grey borderline around the interior of the blog and how if I got a different template that satisfied me, I would have to go back and redo all the gadgets/templates/things I put into/onto this blog and how that would be such the pain!

So that got me onto the track that this whole post is about.

I'm sorry, it required a little back-pedaling first, so, sorry bout that.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion (after the overwhelming amount of thinking I've been doing, you'd think I'd come to it sooner!) that I'm going to make a new blog, stop posting on here, leave this blog open to the public, just post on it when I have a new post on the other blog, and post about that other post. Not so much about, just oh here new post on new blog etc. and I'm either going to make a new blog on Blogger, Wordpress, or Wix. I haven't decided yet, so give me some time and I'll get back to you guys on that.

Anyway, it's been such fun posting on here, and even though nobody reads this anyway, it's still a lot of fun.

I have a couple recipes I will probably post as a parting present sort of thing, just as a final, like, see ya sort of thing (not to be sentimental or sappy or anything but I can't help it because I'm listening to this -- at 19:40 -- and it sort of pulls your heart strings especially when you're writing a goodbye post!) that I may or may not post. I'll have to decide.

So, sooner or later I'll get back to you guys on this subject but not right now.

See ya and thanks for reading! I'll probably finish the YRT though just because I've only done it one year all the way through so I'll finish and probably do it next year, too, because I won't ever delete this blog but I still want to finish the YRT this year just so that I can feel like I've done my duty and I can RIP.

Not really rest, though, because I'll still have that new blog. Sigh.

And also just so that you guys don't think the title is weird, it's from one of my (many) favorite books, called "Seven Daughters and Seven Sons" and when Nasir leaves, he leaves a message for Mahmud saying "I came for a purpose, and I left for a reason" which is one of my favorite lines from the book! :) And it's a little bit of a spoiler but it's not like you're going to read it. So, little insight on my book, there, but that's ok. Anyway, I just used it because it seemed fitting and proper that I should do so since I did come for a purpose and I am leaving for a reason and I just kind of like the melodramatic-ness of the title. :P I just like drama, I guess. Who knew, right.

Anyway, I have no idea how to end this post, so I'll just say bye and leave it at that...





...so, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind